Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Sam Day One:
2 Kiwi's
1/4 Almonds, Raw
1 Banana (also from Starbucks)
1 Serving Broccoli and Blue Cheese Gnocci

So yesterday began the first day of forty days of vegetarianism with Ash Wednesday. My day was occupied with sleeping in and eventually getting myself to work for a 1:30 to 10 pm shift. I did not buy anything from the food court (this being one of my major goals of the whole lent experience) That being said, by day's end I had eaten almost nothing, putting our plan to track our eating habits and food choices over the month into serious jeopardy. How interesting could it possibly be to look back over these forty days and see nothing but "1/4 cup almonds"? Luckily I found myself home around 11 pm eating a very tasty bowl of Broccoli and Blue Cheese Gnocci, which was full of delicious Rosenborg blue cheese in a creamy sauce. Seeing as it was made by my extremely British boyfriend, it also had quite a large number of peas for a 'broccoli' focused dish. The whole thing was like real food after a day of eating things which closely resemble cardboard, so I won't complain about the peas. They were lovely... as was the drizzle of balsamic vinegar on top of the dish at the end. mmm.

Having the same thing for lunch today, haven't eaten otherwise. Is there a link between vegetarianism and anorexia ? I want bacon.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment